Try bringing up stock trading the next time you’re at a party – before you know it, you’ll be standing alone next to the punch bowl. That’s because most people think the world of finance is super-complicated and mind-numbingly boring.
But at BUX, we know that the financial market is, in fact, the biggest and the most exciting game in the world. So we set out to make stock trading the life of the party. And now, finally, technology has enabled us to create an app which opens the markets to everyone and makes trading stocks as easy as liking a post on Facebook. We’ve coined this ‘casual trading.’ Whereas traditional finance is as boring and elitist as classical music, BUX rocks the world of finance and lets everyone experience how exciting trading stocks can be. Enjoy the party!
At BUX you’ll find a very international team, based in the heart of Amsterdam, at walking distance from Central Station. And don’t be put off by the fintech stuff – out of over 35 staff, only 3 have a finance background. The rest of the staff have combined knowledge of creative marketing, design, tech, social media, creative writing and gaming. Heck, most of us didn’t have a clue about the financial markets before we started working at BUX!
As BUX transitions from start-up to a global brand, we’re looking for a Marketing Director, with a proven track record in the online and mobile world, to help build the brand and drive growth for the business.
This role will lead all aspects of marketing for BUX across regional markets, including but not limited to: Communications, Content, CRM, Digital, Performance Marketing, Social and Offline (TV, Radio, etc.)
- Establish the vision and strategy of BUX’s marketing operations, overseeing execution at both a regional and local level.
- Lead and manage Performance Marketing and Content teams; and partner closely with Customer Support and Product Development to execute on strategies.
- Support and enable localisation to ensure relevant, personalised content across all markets.
- Connect data, consumer insights and technology with content, planning, analytics and optimisation to drive both user acquisition and lifetime value for BUX’s 700,000+ users.
- Facilitate marketing planning, managing measurement and optimisation to drive results across different channels and markets.
- Analyse and utilise data to drive decision-making and improve the performance of marketing initiatives.
- Manage, forecast and track budgets, ensuring an optimal marketing mix that maximises ROI.
- Create strategic value-added analyses around new tools, processes and technology platforms that deliver growth opportunities.
Desired skills and experience
- You have 6+ years experience in the digital marketing space. Experience in a mobile-first company is a big plus, but not necessary.
- You are a visionary leader who builds, manages, inspires and mentors a team of experienced international professionals with diverse backgrounds.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and like to work in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- You are a strong communicator with the ability to act at the highest level while keeping in touch with the details of what the functional teams are working on.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity and focus on generating results as an individual and a team leader.
- You are commercially creative and know how to create opportunities.
- You have experience with creating PR and media opportunities and talking to the press.
- You have an understanding of media buying.
- You have an interest in finance and the stock markets.
- You are fluent in English and ideally one other language.
What we offer you
- The opportunity to be responsible for the success of BUX in Europe and beyond
- Good salary + option package
- (Almost) free lunch!
- Work in a fast-paced, international environment
- Lots of flexibility
- The chance to be part of the team that is making stock trading accessible and exciting for everybody
Interested? Send an e-mail plus your resume to email@example.com. If you know someone suitable, you’ll have a chance of earning 500 euros if we hire your referral!